GoTranscript is a cash-back portal for obtaining cashback on the items you buy. It is also a Earn Money Online portal where you can earn money online. GoTranscript is an online portal that is providing cashback on your purchase. GoTranscript is an online portal where you can earn internet money. GoTranscript is a place where you can get the most out of your advertisements and get the most out of your investment. GoTranscript is a new way to earn money online.
In the past few years, GoTranscript has become one of the most popular services to help people earn extra income online. What makes this service different from most other platforms is that it’s completely free to join, and you can earn money in a couple of ways. The number of ways to earn money from GoTranscript in this article will show you the different ways you can earn money from GoTranscript, and the best way to get started.
The biggest challenge for a lot of people is trying to figure out how to make money while they are doing something else. One of the best ways to do this is through myGoTranscript.com, a service that allows you to transcribe audio files, which can then be uploaded to the site for you to earn money. This is a great way for you to make money while you are relaxing, doing something else, or even sleeping!
GoTranscript provides the chance to earn money by transcribing (that is, turning audio recordings into text), but is it worthwhile to apply?
In this GoTranscript review, we’ll take a close look at the platform, including first-hand work experience, as well as evaluations, insights, and statistics from other users and sources.
Continue reading for more information on how GoTranscript works, who can become a transcriber, how much you can expect to make, and more!
Points to Remember
- Is it a scam or not?
- Overall score:
- Anyone 18 years or older who is proficient in English or another in-demand language and has access to a computer, headphones, and a PayPal or Payoneer account is eligible to apply.
- Earning potential: $1-$3/hour on average.
- Typical work volume: New audio snippets are released on a daily basis.
- Transcription and transcript editing are two ways to get money.
- PayPal and Payoneer are two alternatives for payment.
- There is no minimum payment.
- Payment frequency: Every Friday, once a week.
Process of Evaluation
This GoTranscript review was originally researched and published by a Filipino GoTranscript transcriptionist who made approximately $30 on the site.
After that, I conducted more research into GoTranscript’s security, validity, and reputation, added more material, and ultimately edited everything together for this in-depth assessment. Enjoy!
Do you see an error or have something to add to this review? Please leave a remark.
What is GoTranscript and how does it work?
GoTranscript is a major transcription and translation service provider with an online presence. They’ve delivered over 150,000 transcriptions to businesses including Bose, BBC, Netflix, and others.
Information about the company
- The year the company was founded was 2006.
- Parker Corporation LP is the company’s name.
- 166 College Road, Harrow Middlesex, United Kingdom, HA11BH
- Peter Trebek is the company’s founder.
- Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn are some of the most popular social media platforms.
- Contact information: gotranscript | +1 (831) 222-8398 | contact page (skype)
Is GoTranscript a genuine service?
Yes, GoTranscript is a legitimate service. They’ve been providing important services to customers since 2006 while collaborating with — and paying — transcribers, proofreaders, and editors from all around the globe. They’re currently one of the most well-known transcribing companies.
All of this is to say that just because GoTranscript isn’t a hoax doesn’t imply it’s worth your time. Continue reading to learn more about what it’s like to work as a GoTranscript transcriber and how much money you can make.
Related: How to Spot Survey Scams & GPT Scams (in 10 Steps)
Who is eligible to apply?
- The minimum age limit is 18 years old.
- Prerequisites for each country: GoTranscript hires in a variety of languages all around the globe.
- A PC/laptop and a set of headphones are required. Although GoTranscript claims that transcription is feasible on mobile devices, the transcription tool’s capabilities are severely restricted unless you’re transcribing on a PC or laptop.
- Payment requirements: You must have a PayPal or Payoneer account to receive payments.
- Other requirements: You must be a native speaker of the language you want to transcribe (you can transcribe multiple languages if you wish). It will also assist if you have a high typing speed and excellent listening abilities. You’ll also need to understand how to adhere to GoTranscript’s rules.
Inspection for safety
- What is an SSL certificate? Yes.
- Here is the link to the privacy statement.
- Here are the terms of service.
- Transcribers’ personal information gathered by GoTranscript:
- Name, email address, mailing address, date of birth, and payment details are all required.
- Do they resell user information? No.
- Is it possible to erase your account and all of your data? Yes, you may do so in your account settings.
Is it safe for employees to use GoTranscript?
Yes, as a worker/freelancer/transcriber, GoTranscript is usually safe to use. It’s a legitimate website; joining up is simple and doesn’t need you to provide a lot of personal information; your data is secure and never sold; you may accept or reject jobs as you see fit; and you can cancel your account at any time.
You shouldn’t have to be concerned as a transcriber.
The following is an obligatory disclaimer: Nothing on the internet is ever completely secure or private. Please use care and do your own research.
This tutorial will teach you how to remain safe and conduct your own safety checks on websites and applications.
Quality should be supported.
GoTranscript’s customer service is responsive and helpful. They didn’t create my weekly payment on time one time, but a simple note via their Contact Us website got me a response the next day or so, with the money generated.
On their website, they also offer a useful live chat function. I was able to reach one of the chat operators very fast, and they were able to assist me with a query I had regarding the transcriber age restriction.
What Is the Process of Using GoTranscript?
GoTranscript, like many other micro job sites, acts as a go-between. They locate customers that need audio files to be transcribed, then prepare and delegate the majority of the job to their freelancers.
The following is a step-by-step guide to the procedure:
- GoTranscript receives an audio file from a client or customer.
- GoTranscript divides the material into smaller, 5-10 minute segments before distributing it to freelance transcribers.
- Freelance transcribers use GoTranscript’s transcription software to transform brief audio recordings into text, following certain standards.
- Each finished transcript is refined and rated by freelance editors.
- All of the completed transcripts are assembled and delivered to the client/customer.
For independent contractors:
To work as a freelancer with GoTranscript, you must first apply and pass their transcribing exam (more details on this below).
You’ll have access to the transcribing jobs dashboard after you’ve been approved:
Dashboard for Transcription Jobs (source)
You’ll find the majority of the jobs available in your language here, along with information on how much they pay (in USD), how long the audio is, and other essential details. You may also listen to the audio file ahead of time, which is convenient.
The earnings will be posted to your ‘Stats’ tab after you accept a job and submit a full transcript. Every Friday, payments are paid through Paypal or Payoneer.
As previously stated, an editor will evaluate your work (out of 5) and provide you with feedback and suggestions.
- More jobs on your dashboard and perhaps greater income if you have a higher rating.
- A lower rating may lead to dismissal, a reduction in salary, or even a loss of income.
Maintain a 3.6/5 rating at the very least. If you go any lower, you’ll be fired and won’t be allowed to work again.
If you keep your rating at 4.5 or above, you’ll ultimately be able to become an editor yourself. This translates to greater work and more compensation.
In relation to that…
What is the pay scale for GoTranscript?
According to GoTranscript, transcribers may earn up to $0.60 every audio minute, with the typical transcriber earning about $150 per month.
Most experienced transcriptionists will tell you that it takes about 4 minutes to transcribe 1 audio minute, therefore $0.60 per audio minute comes out to $0.60 per hour. Quick and experienced transcribers should be able to make approximately $0.15 per minute, or $9 per hour, at $0.60 each audio minute.
That isn’t ideal. Keep in mind that the highest rate is $0.60. It’s possible that certain files will pay even less.
If you’re new to transcribing, it’ll take you longer to transcribe, which means you’ll make even less money. Furthermore, the audio file quality on GoTranscript varies. Although low-quality files with background noise, accents, and numerous listeners may cost more, they also take longer.
What’s the bottom line?
Our reviewer (who is not a professional transcriptionist) said that their average hourly wage was just $1.
You’ll earn more if you apply and get accepted as an editor, although the precise compensation amount is unknown. Leave a comment to let us know if you’re a GoTranscript editor!
How often does work become available?
Every day, new audio files are uploaded to the GoTranscript dashboard. You could definitely work for 20-30 hours per week if you stayed on the site all day looking for accessible files.
If you can communicate effectively in several languages, you’ll be able to get more employment since there will be less competition.
Your rating will also play a role, as previously stated. You’ll get more work if your rating is higher. And if you work your way up to being an editor, you’ll have even more options.
Note that you can only transcribe one audio file at a time.
Proofs of Payment
Review and Ratings for GoTranscript
- Earning Prospects
- The Amount of Work
- Options for Payment
- Minimum payout
- Payout Time
GoTranscript has a constant flow of work accessible and provides freelance beginning transcribing assignments all around the globe, however the compensation scale is much too cheap. It’s a fantastic way to learn transcribing, but if you’re just looking for some extra income, there are simpler and better-paying options available.
Breakdown of the Ratings
1/5 Earning Potential
Don’t expect to make more than $1-$2/hour if you’re new at transcribing. Even if you’re more experienced and fast, you won’t make much more money, and you’d be better off spending your time elsewhere.
3/5 Work Volume
Work availability varies depending on the time of day as well as the day of the week. However, there are usually at least 3-5 files waiting to be claimed on the dashboard (though they may not be the best quality).
Optional Payments 4/5
GoTranscript accepts payments via PayPal and Payoneer, both of which are secure methods.
Minimum payout is 5/5.
On GoTranscript, there is no minimum payment. You have the option of requesting any amount of money, even a few pennies.
3/5 Payout Speed
Every Friday, GoTranscript rewards you.
3.5/5 for accessibility
GoTranscript employs people all around the globe, but you’ll need the right equipment, a good command of the English language, and some typing and listening abilities. You’ll also have to pass a semi-complex exam.
They respond quickly and are usually helpful.
3 out of 5 for usability
Their built-in transcribing tool is prone to glitches. My work has not always been preserved by the transcribing tool.
4.5/5 for safety
GoTranscript doesn’t seem to ask for a lot of information from transcribers, and their security measures seem to be up to par.
Advantages and disadvantages
- No weekly payout requirement – You may earn payments without needing to satisfy a weekly payout minimum.
- Lots of work — At any one moment, there are usually 3-5 audio files (or more) accessible on the dashboard.
- Hiring on a global scale
- Safe, dependable, and not shady – Because it’s a transcribing service, it depends on you to perform your work rather than filling out questionnaires or other forms that need a lot of personal information.
- Employment when and how much you want – Flexible work allows you to work when and how much you want.
- It’s a good way to improve your skills — GoTranscript is an excellent place to start if you’re new to transcription. You will get comments from editors and will have the opportunity to work with guidelines and a transcribing tool.
- Low pay – The pay you get is insufficient to compensate for the amount of time and effort you put into transcribing. Almost everywhere in the globe, you’ll make much less than the minimum wage.
- Audio files of poor quality — The majority of the files available for transcription are of poor quality, with a lot of background noise and cross-talking.
- Editors have a reputation for being fussy – Some editors may give you a poor grade for your transcribe for no apparent reason. There have been instances when an editor made needless changes to my work (based on the rules), so it’s not always a matter of luck.
Web-based GoTranscript reviews
Here are some GoTranscript reviews from Trustpilot, Glassdoor, and Indeed for 2020/2021.
- “I’ve been working for this business for a few days now, and it’s been a lot of fun, plus I’m earning some decent money, so it’s been a wonderful experience.” – Ecuadorian user
- “There’s a lot of audio to transcribe, and the editors are fair in their evaluations. Although audio quality varies, you may choose the recording that is the simplest for you to transcribe.”
- “It’s a simple task to supplement your income. It is flexible since you can work at any time. It’s a job that can be improved. You don’t need a degree, but you should be able to communicate well in English.”
Average Customer Reviews
- “I’ve been a freelancer with [GoTranscript] for a month and have found it to be a simple and enjoyable profession. However, if you reside in the United States, you will be surprised at how low the pay rate is.”
- “Excellent compensation [with no prior experience required].” It’s not simple to keep the 3.6+ rating.”
- “They don’t pay,” says the narrator. When I attempt to pay out now, it says that it is not possible. The audio is the cheapest I’ve ever seen, and they pay pennies, or to be honest, they don’t pay at all, since after you’ve completed your job, they’ll come up with hundreds of excuses not to pay you. They may say something like: since you didn’t bold certain terms, you won’t be compensated. Alternatively, they may just send you a note stating that they have returned the audio once you have completed all of your tasks… Even if you need some extra cash, don’t spend your time on this site… they won’t pay you.” — A Moldovan user
- “This is the worst business for workers to work for. Treats their employees as though they were dogs. [Hourly rate] isn’t really excellent. There is no assistance. They’re just there to line their own pockets.” — A Bangladeshi user
- “Transcriptionists are underpaid. Editors get paid more, but I haven’t yet passed the test.”
At the time of writing, the following were the overall ratings for GoTranscript:
- Glassdoor has 174 reviews with a 4.1/5 rating.
- 572 reviews, 4.5/5 on Trustpilot (Please note that many of these evaluations were from consumers rather than freelancers.)
- Indeed, 27 reviews yielded a 3.4/5 rating.
Overall, users like GoTranscript’s flexibility, job volume, and beginner-friendliness, but the low income, poor audio files (which is a part of being a transcriber), and rigorous grading system are often cited as drawbacks.
While reading their Trustpilot ratings, I observed a number of brief, one-sentence 5-star reviews, many of which seemed to be copy/pasted from one other. That’s a lot of suspense.
Note: Do you want to provide a hand? Leave a review if you’re a GoTranscript freelancer!
Is GoTranscript a Good Investment?
GoTranscript may be worth it if you want to get a taste of transcribing job but don’t care about the pay. They employ people from all around the globe, don’t need prior expertise, have an easy-to-use platform, and will offer you with feedback on your work. It’s useful for training.
However, consider this:
GoTranscript is not worth it if you’re searching for a good online job that pays you what you’re worth. The job is challenging and time-consuming, yet it pays little. You’d be better off experimenting with other alternatives.
Want to understand more about transcribing before you make a decision? Take advantage of this no-cost transcribing mini-course.
How to Get Started + Hints and Recommendations
If you’re still interested in giving GoTranscript a try, getting started is simple. Here’s how to accomplish it step by step:
Step 1: Submit an application for a transcriptionist job.
The application page may be found here. Create an account in the language of your choice.
Note that each IP address may only have one account. That implies you won’t be able to if someone else in your household works for GoTranscript.
Then just follow the directions they provide. Make sure you read the instructions and take the exam attentively to avoid making any errors.
To pass, you’ll need at least 95% accuracy. But don’t worry; if you fail the first time, you may retake the exam.
After then, it’s only a matter of waiting. Your test results may take up to 60 days to arrive.
Step 2: Complete your profile and payment information.
Fill up your profile if you’re approved to ensure you get paid on time!
Step 3: Begin trancribing.
You’ll see a new tab named “Work” at the top of your screen after you’ve been approved as a transcriptionist.
You may see which audio files are available for transcription, as well as your metrics (editor ratings), profits for each file, and other information.
They’ll leave a remark on certain audio files with particular criteria, such as if they’re searching for a legal transcriptionist. Before accepting a job, make sure you read everything thoroughly.
- Listen to the audio sample carefully before transcribing to ensure that you can understand what they’re saying. Sometimes the additional work isn’t worth the extra compensation. Remember that you must maintain a rating of at least 3.6 to prevent being fired.
- Try the 5-minute audio files; they usually pay a bit more each audio minute ($1.33 for 5 minutes versus $2.33 for 10 minutes).
When you’re ready to start transcribing a file, click the “Make my job” button to claim it. This will take you to the transcribing tool, which is as follows:
- Keyboard shortcuts should be learned and used – You may transcribe more faster using GoTranscript’s transcription tool if you use their keyboard shortcuts! You may also personalize them to your desire. This simplifies timestamping and noting speaker changes.
- Use a foot pedal (if one is available) — Foot pedals are compatible with the GoTranscript transcribing tool and may be used to pause and play your audio file without having to use your hands. There’s one less keyboard shortcut to remember!
Step 4: Take a withdrawal of your profits
Once you’ve finished several files and earned some cash, you’ll get an email on Friday informing you that your payment has been processed.
To request a withdrawal, go to your “Stats” page and fill out the form. You should get it within a few days.
(Optional) Step 5: Apply for a job as an editor.
This will be farther down the road, but as previously said, transcriptionists on GoTranscript who regularly produce high-quality work may be considered for a position as an editor.
The following are the sole criteria for this position:
- A minimum average rating of 4.5 stars is required (which is actually quite tough to reach)
- A total of at least 20 transcriptions are kept on file.
After you’ve unlocked that metric, go to your dashboard and see whether you’re eligible to apply as an editor. The test task is similar to the first transcriptionist exam, but you must review the supplied transcription and make any necessary revisions.
Alternatives to GoTranscript and Related Opportunities
Check out all of these Beginner Transcription Jobs from Home for additional possibilities like GoTranscript.
Check out these tips for more money-making possibilities and ideas:
Do you want to be able to work from home full-time? Learn how to get started working from home by reading my guide.
I hope you found my review to be helpful. Please consider sharing it if you did!
Please click here to write your own brief GoTranscript review (or thoughts/feedback) in the comments if you’ve already freelanced for GoTranscript. Thanks! It is very beneficial.
If you’re looking to cash in on the fast-growing telecommuting trend, you have to know the ins and outs of your industry. In today’s bankthon radio interview, I will be looking at the best and worst telecommuting job options. I will also be sharing my top tips for how to get started with your own telecommuting business. Don’t miss!. Read more about go transcript test answers and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much can you earn on GoTranscript?
GoTranscript is a transcription service that pays $0.05 per audio minute transcribed.
How long does it take for GoTranscript to review your test?
GoTranscript takes about a day to review your test.
How do you make money on GoTranscript?
GoTranscript is a free service that helps people transcribe their audio recordings. We charge for our transcription services, but the majority of our income comes from advertisements and affiliate links.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- online transcription jobs for beginners
- legal transcription jobs from home
- transcription training
- beginner transcription resume